Lithuania now is a stable country with a growing economy. The EU’s membership encourages the country’s economic development. Proximity to the CIS countries makes for available sources of raw stock. The geographical position also enables the country to deliver chemicals to the markets of Eastern Europe and the Baltic States in the shortest possible time. A well-developed...
- Companies and markets
The Russian detergent market (including synthetic detergents and soap) is distinguished by the domination of transnational corporations with foreign capital such as Procter & Gamble, Henkel, and Unilever. As a result, most domestic manufacturers try to stay afloat in the upmarket and midmarket segments. However, there are companies that successfully compete with foreign...
Methanol is one of the most important organic compounds manufactured by the chemical industry. Russian scientists and processing engineers make a significant contribution to the advances in technological productivity. The high competitiveness of Russian methanol in the world market is attributed to new developments introduced into production facilities. At present, the Russian...
On 16 November, the hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow hosted the Third International Conference Rubber, Tyres and Mechanical Rubber Goods 2007 organised by the company Creon CJSC. The event was attended by more than 60 representatives of Russian and foreign companies specialising in the supply of raw stock and equipment, the production of rubbers, tyres, and mechanical rubber...
From 6 to 9 November of 2007, the chemical industry’s exhibition Chempromexpo 2007 together with the international forum of the oil and gas industry Oil and Gas 2007 were held at the International Exhibition Centre in Kyiv, Ukraine. Leading Ukrainian and foreign companies came to the forum. Delegates from Indonesia, Iraq, and Finland partook in the exhibition for the...
From 31 October to 3 November the Ukrainian Expo centre in Kyiv, Ukraine, hosted the eleventh international exhibition of the chemical and petrochemical industries Interhim/Neftehim 2007 within the framework of the annual Industrial Week 2007. The event displays were divided into two main categories: Plastics 2007 (technology, machinery, feedstock, processing) and Corrosion...
On 13 November, the II International Conference Nitrogen Fertilisers 2007 took place in Moscow, Baltschug Kempinsky Hotel, gathering nearly 70 representatives from Russian and foreign companies. The meeting was organised by Creon CJSC and attended by Achema, Cipker ’96 Kft, DSM Trading Company Rus, GE Oil&Gas, Zaklady Azotowe Pulawy SA, VK Tranzits, SIA, Azot JSC...
On 26-28 November, the VIII International Moscow Exhibition of Raw Materials, Equipment and Technologies for Plastic Manufacturing Plastic Industry 2007 took place at the Expocentr at Krasnaja Presnia. The exhibition was officially supported by the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the Government of Moscow, the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI), and the...
On 29 November, the IV international conference Market of Mineral Fertilisers and Agrochemicals took place in Alushta, Ukraine. There were about 140 participants, companies from different countries. The CIS was represented by Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Moldova and Georgia, the EU – by Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, the UK, Hungary, the Netherlands,...
K 2007, the largest international plastics trade fair, takes place once every three years in Düsseldorf, Germany. It is difficult to overestimate the significance of this event. The key world manufacturers display their products including raw materials and equipment. Giants as well as new players demonstrate the sector’s achievements and prospects. It is no exaggeration...
- BPC Chemical Technologies Sign Exclusive Distribution Agreement of Songwon Polymer Stabilisers
- Penoplex Holding to Produce Thermal Insulation Boards in Kazakhstan
- SiburTyumenGaz and Yokogawa Create Industrial Automation Centre
- Sibur Reviews Investment Plans
- Metafrax JSC Boosts Profit in the First Nine Months of 2007
- Kazanorgsintez JSC Commissions New Process...
- Concern Stirol Modernises Facilities to Reduce Natural Gas Consumption
- Crimea Titan Introduces New Titanium Dioxide Grade
- Sumykhimprom JSC to Boost Superphosphate Capacity
- Crimea Soda Plant to Produce Electricity
- Khartsyzsk Tube Works Launches New PE Waste Processing Line
- Chernigovskoye Khimvolokno JSC to Launch New Polymerisation Line
- Ukraine Boosts...
- KazMunaiGaz to Build Methanol Plant in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan and Slovakia to Construct Bioethanol Plant
- European Commission Approves Acquisition of Rompetrol by KazMunaiGaz
- Atyrau Refinery to Start Paraxylene Production
- New Barium Ore and Barium Concentrate Processing Plant Opened in Moiynkum
- Belaruskali Invests Heavily to Boost Output
- Belarus to Produce 80,000 Tonnes of Biofuel in 2008
- BPS Raises Prices for Potash Fertilisers Shipped to South-Eastern Asia and Brazil
- Belarus Offers Turkmenistan to Build Methanol Facility
- Grodno Azot to Set Up New Ammonia and Carbamide Production Facilities
- ISR Holding Invests USD 20m into Iodine Production in Azerbaijan
- Land Privatisation in Batumi Cancelled
- Chistoje Zhelezo Ups Potassium Perrhenate Output in Jan.-Sep.
- The Armenian Parliament Enforces Fulfillment of Environmental Liabilities
- Sanin SRL IM Introduces New InfraSan Greenhouse Films
- Kyrgyz-Chinese Bakaj-Inpak JV Enjoys Excellent Results in January-October
- Afghanistan Stops Carbamide Import from Tajikistan