The article examines the dynamics of carbamide production in Ukraine, the changes in exports, the cause and effect relations between the world trends and the pricing policy of the Ukrainian urea producers. The article analyses correlation between the urea prices and the world demand for carbamide, dynamics of indication prices and changes in the prices of carbamide in January-June...
- Companies and markets
Butadiene is the key feedstock from which the majority of synthetic rubbers and some types of polymers and co-polymers are manufactured. The discovery of butadiene made it possible to get high-quality tyres, rubber goods and many other industrial commodities. The article scrutinises players of the CIS butadiene market, analyses production capacities of butadiene manufacturers...
Invented in the XV century, the possibilities of metal pipe lead to a revolution in engineering and communication systems. However, the demand for reliable, durable and economical pipes caused people to investigate alternative materials. At last, polymers started a new age of pipe manufacture in the XX century. Polyethylene has the lowest limiting temperature of executive works...
Antimony trioxide (Sb2O3) represents white toxic powder having multiple uses in modern industries. International trade in this compound is done on a large scale as far as its feedstock base is concentrated mainly in the regions with transition economy (e. g. China), while the end-use products are predominantly consumed in other parts of the world by developed countries. The...
Nowadays the global market for melamine grows at 5-6% per year and exceeds 1.2 million tonnes. The largest volumes of the compound are manufactured by China, Japan, North America and Europe. China is on the way to become the key player in the melamine market, showing the growth in domestic consumption at more than 10% per year. On a world scale, the market size of the CIS countries...
On 25 June 2007, Moscow hosted the Second International Conference POLYMER FILMS 2007, organised by independent consulting company Creon.The conference brought together around 50 companies from the Commonwealth of Independent States and Western Europe. Four sessions covered such topics as the global and CIS markets of polymer films and packaging, the production of biaxially...
The first International Conference entitled Thermoplastic Elastomers - 2007 was held on June 13th at the Moscow Baltschug Kempinski Hotel. The conference attracted about 60 representatives of domestic and foreign companies interested in thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) production, processing and distribution. The conference aimed at outlining a plan for developing the domestic...
On 15 June 2007, Baltschug Kempinski Hotel became the choice for the key event of the Russian Polymer Market –Russian Polymers 2007. Organised by the Creon Company, the forum gathered major producers and consumers of the polymer market. The debates were basically centred on the deficit of hydrocarbon feedstock, innovative technologies in the manufacturing process, the...
On 11-12 June 2007, the 8th International CEEPET Conference took place in Odesa, Ukraine. Arranged by Singaporean company CMT, the event focused on PET markets in Central and Eastern Europe.Key highlights included future of the region’s PET industry, continuously high prices of raw materials, trends towards lighter PET bottles & technology advancements, recycling...
The IV International Conference entitled ‘Caprolactam and Polyamide 2007’ welcomed nearly 40 representatives of domestic and foreign companies on 19 June. The attendees included producers, traders together with employees of R&D and consulting institutions. The key topics of discussion were current state and development opportunities for the Russian and global...
The III International Conference entitled Caustic2007 was held on 18 June at the Baltschug Kempinski Hotel in Moscow. The conference highlighted the problems and prospects of the chlorine and caustic soda markets in the CIS countries and attracted about 50 experts from Russian and foreign companies. The topics of the reports included development prospects for the chlorine and...
- EuroChem MCC JSC Recaps Q1 Results in Line with IFRS
- Moscow Stock Exchange: Fertiliser Tenders
- NKNK Ready for Final Stage of OHSAS 18001 Audit
- DSM Engineering Plastics Strengthens Presence in Eastern European Market
- Gazprom Considers Acquisition of Fertiliser Companies
- 2006 Report of Angarsk Petrochemical Company Approved
- Paints Giant Empils ISO 9001:2000...
- Crimea Titan Enjoys a 24% Rise in Sales for H1, 2007
- The Chemical Companies of Volyn Region Expand Production Volume
- Ukraine’s Polystyrene Market Sees a 15% Hike in 2006
- The PVC Market in Ukraine Grown Almost Fivefold in Last 7 Years
- Tender of Dniproazot Assets Held Back for Unspecified Period
- Stirol Concern Starts Full-cycle Production of Biodiesel...
- KazMunaiGas NC Sets Up Project to Construct 150,000 tpy Benzene Facility
- Basko JV Plans to Build Silicon Polycrystal Plant Jointly with Thyssen Krupp
- Izolit Ltd Offers New Capacitor Micaceous Laminate and Micaceous Tape
- Kazakhmys Corporation Postpones Startup of Sulphuric Acid Plant in Balhash
- New Price Agreement Reached Between BPC JSC, Belarus and IPL, India
- Lida-Based Lakokraska JSC to Complete First-Stage Reconstruction of Phthalic Anhydride Plant
- Belaruskali to Invest EUR 47m in Building New Mines in 2007
- Mogilevkhimvolokno Proceeds with Commissioning 80,000 tpy Polyester Granulate Plant
- Belarusian Potash Company to Ship Potassium Fertilisers to Vietnam...
- Azerbaijan to Meet its Own Demand for Iodine-Treated Salt in a Year
- Chemical Output in Azerbaijan Declines by 55.3% in January-May 2007
- Azeri Minister of Industry and Energy Draws Attention to Petrochemical Sector
- Erection of Bridge over Amu Darya to Boost Chemical Industry in Magdanly-Kojtendag Region
- Uzbekistan and Korea Join Forces to Construct USD 1bn Gas Chemical Complex
- Partially State-Financed Programme on Increasing Phosphate Production in Uzbekistan
- Elektrkimyozavodi Diversifies and Increases Production Output
- Kungrad Soda Plant Announces 2006 Financial Results
- Recycling of Phosphogypsum Waste in Uzbekistan
- Navoiyazot JSC Has Ammonium Nitrate and Sodium...
- Batumi Land Holdings JV Intends to Construct Oil Refinery in Batumi
- Armenia Boosts Chemical Output
- New Substance Prolonging Service Life of Asphalt
- Nairit Plant CJSC on Verge of Shut-Down?
- Moldovan Government Chooses Biofuel Plant in Preference to Oil Refinery
- United States Agency for International Development Facilitates Fertilisers Imports into Kyrgyzstan
- Osh Region Suffers from Lack of Fertilisers
- Tajik Scientists Develop Unique Alumina Technology