The EU new member – Estonia – is at the crossroads of marine, road and air ways. Bordering on European powers on the one side and Russia on another, the country is actually in the centre of big business interest and important decisions. As a result, the Estonians hold a deliberate and rubbing-the-right-way position in international business relations. Comprehensive...
- Companies and markets
Sulfuric acid is regarded as one of the key products of the chemical industry. Moreover, it is the most widely used inorganic acid. A multitude of CIS plants have been producing sulfuric acid on a commercial scale for decades. And their production output tends to increase. In 2006, the CIS countries together manufactured 8.5m tonnes of the product. The 2010 output is forecast...
Methanol is poison, and this is truly so. It is common knowledge that when a negligibly small amount of this substance finds its way into a human’s organism it causes nervous and vascular systems to break down, which can, in its turn, lead to blindness or prove lethal. However, if used appropriately, for technical ends, this product is second to none. The sphere...
Over the past decades, polymers have turned to be the basic material for the pipe production worldwide. Plastic pipes have dramatically increased safety and efficiency of water distribution, sewage and transportation systems. But potential of polymers in piping sector is by no means exhausted – companies constantly develop and introduce newer improved...
Over the past few years, the consumption of polyethylene (PE) in Ukraine has been stably increasing and now it accounts for more than 40% in the overall consumption of five basic thermoplastics. According to 2006 results, the overall capacity of the Ukrainian polyethylene market amounted to 280,800 tonnes. Import and export trends, hot news of the Ukrainian market of LDPE, HDPE and...
The Primus Exhibitions Group held its specialised Interplastika exhibition 27-30 March within the framework of the International Industrial Forum in Kyiv. The event was a highlight for plastic and rubber producers and processors and showcased the latest technologies, machinery and raw materials of the industry. This year more than 70 companies from Belgium, Germany, Hungary,...
On 12-15 March the Moscow Expocentre in Krasnaja Presnia hosted two exhibitions entitled ‘Tires & Rubber 2007’ and ‘Interlakokraska 2007’. Among other things, the events were distinguished by the limited attendance of Chinese companies and the dominance of materials over machinery. Thus, at ‘Tires & Rubber’ you could see tyres of...
On 20 March 2007, Moscow hosted the Fourth Annual International Conference entitled ‘Polypropylene 2007’. About 150 Russian and foreign companies attended this conference. The foreign attendees represented global PP producers and processors such as Miliken Chemical, Borealis, and others. Tamara Hazova, head of Creon Analytics Department, presented a paper on the...
- The MSE Forecasts Strong Sales in Fertiliser Biddings
- Going Where the Growth is: DuPont Opens Technical Centre in Russia
- Cryogenmash: Solutions on Utilization of Casing-head Gas
- In 2008, Acron JSC to Increase Methanol Production to 175,000 tonnes
- Solvay Optimistic about PVC Project in Russia
- Jaroslavl Kolorit CJSC Introduces New Alkyd Materials
- DOS JSC Broadens...
- Rosava Plans 300,000 Tyres in April-October 2007
- Brom JSC to Increase Statutory Fund to USD 3.55m
- Severodonetsk Association Azot CJSC Diversifies Production
- KarpatSmoly Ltd Launches a Manufacturing Unit for Urea-formaldehyde Resins
- Cherkasy Khimvolokno JSC Plans a 15% Share Buy-Back
- Kazakhstan Set to Construct Polysilicon Complex
- Biohim Unable to Export Bioethanol
- Recent Trends in Development of Kazakh Chemical Industry
- BPC Became the World’s Biggest Potash Seller in 2006, Says BelTA
- Chinese Geologists Interested in Exploring Brinev Gypsum Deposit
- Soda Ash Facility to Be Set Up in Mozyr
- Azerbaijan Chemical Production in January-March 2007
- Turkmenistan to Develop Potassium and Phosphate Fertiliser Production
- Turkmen Scientists Work Out New Celestine Ore Processing Technology
- SovplastItal JV Plans to Increase Output
- Farg`onaAzot JSC Develops the Reconstruction Project of Large-Tonnage Ammonia Plant
- Sta-Sam Yang Plastic Co., Ltd Starts Up in Farg'ona Region
- Mineral Fertilisers Plant to Be Built in Uzbekistan
- Navoiy-plast to Set up Plant for Caustic Soda and PVC by 2008
- Asia Thermo Metal Sets Up the Production of New Heat Insulation...
- Azot JSC to Be Shutdown for Overhaul
- Beginning from 2010, Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) Not to Be Imported to Armenia
- Belarusian-Moldovan Trade in January 2007
- Moldavizolit Introduces New Metal-clad Laminate
- Kristall Company to Be Nationalised
- Chemical Metallurgical Plant JSC to Hold a General Meeting of Shareholders
- TajikAzot Losses Might Reach USD 31,000
- Tamokhush JSC Presents Investment Projects
- Kimiyo to Restore Production of Chlorine-Containing Materials